Monday, August 23, 2010

Blast from the Past: Kindergarten part one (Grace)


To begin the tell of epic sweetness, I should start from the begining, the first day of kindergarten. Too bad I don't remember that. So to start things off, I was skinny, shy, and my mother dressed me. I was out to get killed. I remember the room, I went to a privet Christian school in the heart of Corpus Christi, and when I say that I mean, two seconds from the Wal-Mart. The name of the school was call, Grace, and it was dirt poor.

The kindergarteners had to share a room with the first graders. Which gave them a sense of power, they use to taught us. Nothing is more scary than a six year old and paste. I remember that I wasn't that bright back than, I know right, hard to think of me not my usual smartness, but try. Everyone was already reading the tragic story of Mose, and I was still stunk on Dick and Jane. So I would have to come in early for more reading pratices, which went terrible, so eventually me and my teacher (whose name I can't remember) would just chill and watch Power Rangers until the bell.

Every day my mom would make me and my sister lunch. My sister was also attending Grace, as a third grader, she had the pleaser of not sharing a class with a different grade level. Every day I would have sour chips, which Brandie (my sister) hated, and she would have BBQ chips, which I hated. Oh and we have to put our lunches on a shelf in the cafe, everyday. Well back then I was an angle, much like today, but much sweeter. The worst thing I have ever done before was poop in my diaper, my teacher compared me to Jesus. Okay not really, but I was really good. And so one lunch period, while I was talking to one of my friends, or person who was too nice to say stop talking to me freak, about water snakes, my favorite topic for some strange reason, I am terrified of snakes, and I grabbed my sisters lunch. I knew it was sister's lunch because it had BBQ chips, ew. But I was so hungry I eat it anyways. Later after my mom picked us up, my sister was all upset.
"Mom someone stoled my lunch!!!" she screamed," I had no food, and I am so hungry. Can we stop by McDonald's?"

"Brandie, it's Wednesday, which means it's mommie's day, I am going out with my friends to Wal-Mart, you are just going to have to eat something at the house," my mom shouted back.

Brandie was so upset, because I eat the last BBQ chips for lunch. I felt so terrible, and to this day I still haven't told her.

Another thing that sticks out to me is that once a week my Grandma used to come visit me at school, and read us a book, or teched us a song. To me this was the coolest thing to ever happen, EVER. To everyone else, it was lame, especially to the first graders who had to sing Titsy Bitsy Spider. Maybe this is why everyone avoided me....

Umm the only other thing I remember from Grace is my Christmas Pageant, and our school wanted to be origanal, so make decided on...The Birth Of Jesus Christ. It was three hours long and I was a cow. My only line was, "MOOOOOOOOOve over, sOOOOOO I can sEEEE the Kiiiiing." I was all excited, to me I had the role, forget who ever played Jesus, or whatever the hell my sister played, I WAS A COW! I had the custom and everything! Of course being my first ever play, I had to do months of reasoure, I even got my teacher to switch Power Rangers, to the Cow Special on Animal Planet. Every night me and my mom would practice my line for 3 hours, I wanted everything to be prefect. The morning before opening night, they ancounded they wanted the whole school to play in front of the church on Sunday. Gasph, in front of my family, and people who were to nice to tell me to leave them alone! So that day I had to get ready 3 hours before the curtain call, and that custom was itchy. Especially because I was butt naked underneath it.

So my moment comes, right after Goat.
"My BAAAAAAAd I thought that hay was unattended, how embarressing is it to find Jesus in it," Goat.
Then it's my turn, I was on my knees, looking at the butts of kindergarteners dressed like animals. The spot light turns to me, and I draw blank. I can hear the dictor yelling for me to MOO, but it just wouldn't come out. I was dead silent. After ten minutes, someone back stage yells at the lizard to carry on.
"I want to see-," then it came to me, I remember.
Next thing I knew I was standing, and yelling to the crowd of church goers.
"MOOOOOVER OVER SO I CAN SEEE THE KING!!!!"
Then I remember what my told me to remember not to do. The snitching on the back wasn't complete so don't stand up!

So I stood there, my custom on the ground, and my arms wide open for appalls.

Let's just say, they wrote me out of the script, and I never joined a play again.

And that's all I remember.
Thank you for reading and what not.
Love Arron.

No comments:

Post a Comment