Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Family Tree: Patricia Anna Herrera Reinhardt

I got this idea from Emily Bolner, to write a blog about my "crazy mexican/white trash family". So I got to thinking, how are you suppose to understand my childhood, without knowing the people who shaped the person I am today. SO let's started with most important, the chief, my hero, and my amazing...MOTHER.

Things to know about Patricia Anna Herrera Reinhardt.
-Being in the middle of a family of six kids, my mom had to stand out. Even from a young age, she was outspoken, which got her in trouble countless times.
-Growing up in a town like Robstown, is hard for anyone. You have to be strong to survive, even for my mom, who was a soft hearted person. Soon she grew tough, strong, brave, and independent. She had to be, she was forced to be.
-Things at home wasn't to well, my Grandma did the best she could, but things were bad. She eventually found escape in all types of odd jobs. By the time she was 14, she had two jobs, plus school, and helping around the house.
-People knew not to mess with my mom. She was, well, not afraid of most things. But something that always stuck to my mom, was family. You can mess with her, but you lay a finger on one of her sisters, or her brother, you were entering a world of hurt.
-Her heart is her only weakness.



The Life of Patricia Anna Herrera Reinhardt:
-She first saw the white boy, I would later call dad, sometime in September. It was not love at first sight.
-She was working at the skate rink. She was 16. He was with his white friends. He was 17. He asked her to dance. She said no. The next day, he asked again. She said no. The next day, he asked. She said no. The next day, and next day, and next day. Soon she felt very sad for the white boy and agreed to one dance. She found him charming on the rink, and agreed to one more dance tomorrow. (This is the most romantic story I have ever heard)
-My mom only dreamed of being an air flight attendant, she was going to school, and everything. But my dad got shipped over seas, and she agreed to put her dreams aside to go with him.
-My mom and dad's relationship wasn't widely appencted as a good thing. When my dad proposed to my mom, my great great grandpa wrote to my dad how marring a beaner/wet back will bring shame to our family. My mom read this letter, and called off the marriage. Then realizing that, that's what they wanted she agreed to marry him, and invite him to the marriage, he refused to go.
-My mom and dad traveled the world. Which wasn't my mom first reaction, but she did get to see the world, and she went with the man she loved. She was happy, and couldn't dream of being anymore happy than she was.


The Children of Patricia Anna Herrera Reinhardt:
-She had my sister in October 24, 1988. Her heart simply melted when she saw her. She had never loved anyone more, and to her, she will never again. She had someone to love, and will always love her. She had someone finally that was all her's.
-They moved, a lot. Brandie, her daughter, grow lonely. It was the worst feeling she ever had, her daughter was all a lone in the lonely world. She decided to have another, just for the soul popurse that Brandie will never be lonely again. But she feared she wouldn't love it, as much as Brandie.
-On August 3, 1992. I was born. Once again, the feeling of love was so great, she couldn't hold back the tears. She had a son. He shaped her world, just as Brandie did. Brandie and my mom was just obsessed. Their lives evolved around me.
-One day when my dad return from the Air Force, my mom and dad....well....
-May 19, 1995. My brother was born. Matias Reinhardt was beautiful.. All the nurses were just stunned by Matthew. He drolled. I was crazy about Matthew, and my mom knew this. She loved Matthew so much, he was her baby, to have forever. He was beautiful, and he was stinky.



To sum up Patricia Anna Reinhardt:
-Forced to be strong, my kind hearted mother, took no shit.
-Loving, caring, beautiful, she gave everything to her children. Whom she worships.
-She loves her husband, and will do anything for him.
-Not afraid.
-Not as strong as she leads on.
-Loves tv.
-Crazy and Mexican.
-Will give the shirt off her back to anyone who needs it.
-Will love me to the day she dies.
-I will do the same.
-I joke about how crazy she is, which she is, but I am so lucky to have such a amazing person in my life, let alone as my mother.
-I own everything to her.
-I love her.


I <3 you

Agh I'm crying,
Thanks for reading,
-Arron

No comments:

Post a Comment